Backup KB Content
Backing up your knowledge base can be performed similarly to backing up the whole WordPress database.
Our knowledge base uses the WordPress database structure. Some of our add-ons have custom tables which can be also backed up using some of these solutions below.
Information about Knowledge Base data structures:
- KB Article (Custom Post Type) is stored with post type epkb_post_type_1 ( epkb_post_type_2 etc. if you have Multiple KBs add-on)
- KB Category taxonomy has type epkb_post_type_1_category
- KB Tag taxonomy has type epkb_post_type_1_tag
- Options are stored in WordPress Options table with prefix epkb_xxx
- KB custom tables starting with <WordPress prefix>_<epkb>_xxx
KB Configuration Import/Export
We recommend that you export KB configuration so you can import it into your new KB if necessary.
Commercial Back up Plugins
WP Migrate DB Pro
Web Hosting Backups / Restoring
The absolute best solution is an amazing hosting company like WPengine that offers superb daily backups and restore points that really garentee your site being safe from being lost. https://wpengine.com/support/restore/