Echo Knowledge Base
- Order Articles and Categories
- Set Image and Font Icons for Categories
- Main Page FAQs
- Main Page Width
- Search Box Configuration
- Copy/Export KB Settings and Design
- PDF and Knowledge Base
- Translate Text with Polylang and WPML
- Typography - Font Family, Size, Weight
- Help Dialog
- Categories Overview
- Hiding Categories
- More Features
- How to Control Access to Your KB
- How To Set up a Multilingual / Bilingual Site
- How to Install KB Plugin
- How to Add Videos to Articles
- How to Install a KB Add-on
- Advanced Search Analytics
- Search Category Filters
- Show Category for Each Search Result
- Advanced Search Shortcode
- Search Results
- CSV versus XML Format
- Export Articles as CSV
- Export Articles as XML
- Import Articles with CSV File
- Import Articles with XML File
Move Articles/Documents into Echo KB
5 out Of 5 Stars
WordPress posts and Custom Post Types (CPTs) can be converted to Knowledge Base articles with Tools.
You can convert only a few selected posts and CPTs or you can convert all of them.
The following are some of the posts and CPTs that you might want to convert:
- Blog posts
- WooCommerce Products
- Learn Press
- Learn Dash
- WP Knowledgebase
- And more
Step 1 Convert Posts or Custom Post Type
Go the KB Configuration page and either select to convert Posts (step 4) or convert CPTs (step 5).
Step 2 Begin Conversion Process
Before conversion can happen you first need to read the instructions on the "Begin" step. Also do the following:
- If converting Custom Post Types, you will see an option to select CPT to convert from. If you do not see your CPT in the list, please Contact Us.
- Confirm that you will convert the posts into the selected KB.
- Confirm that you read the instructions and backed up the database.
- Proceed to the next step.
Step 3 Select Posts to Convert
In this step, select posts to convert to KB articles:
- If converting only some posts, this search filter makes it easy to find those posts by their title.
- Each listed post can be selected or deselected.
- Proceed to the next step when ready.
Step 4 Choose Convert Method
Select whether to copy or move terms from the original Post or a Custom Post Type. The next step will start the conversion of posts into KB Articles.
Step 5 Review Posts Conversion
The progress of the conversion is shown on the last step. Once complete, the number of converted posts is shown, or an error message is displayed.
Verify that the converted posts are shown in the Knowledge Base. Update the converted categories hierarchy if required.