1. Install Access Manager
If you currently have Echo Knowledge Base content live, you should first read and plan configuration of the content access for your users and groups. Once the Access Manager plugin is activated, if you enable KB Groups then all KB content will be initially restricted and inaccessible to anyone except the administrator.
Access Manager is not compatible with WPML. Access Manager cannot be used together with WPML. One available option is to use a separate Knowledge Base for each language.
if your website is caching your pages and you make changes to your content access you might need to either wait for your cache to refresh or manually purge your cache so that these changes will take effect on your website’s front-end.
If you have a multi-site you will need to install Access Manager and activate it on a specific single site.
1 Before you start installation, ensure that:
- Your website’s current KB can be offline while you are installing and configuring Access Manager.
- You have downloaded the Access Manager plugin zip file.
- When Access Manager is installed, all your Knowledge Base content will be restricted and no one will be able to access it. You should plan and have enough time to configure Access Manager as needed.
- Read Access Manager Integrity and Access Manager Limitations.
2 When you are ready then:
- Do not proceed until your backup is complete and you can easily revert the website.
- Deactivate all KB add-ons.
- Deactivate Knowledge Base for Documents and FAQs plugin (if you have one).
- Uninstall the Knowledge Base for Documents and FAQs plugin (if you have one). Keep the other add-ons installed.
- Note: All KB articles, categories and tags will be preserved in the database and will be available for Access Manager to control. You will not loose any KB data.
- Install the Access Manager plugin. Read instructions on how to install the plugin and activate the license keys is here.
- Activate the Access Manager plugin. For multi-sites this has to be a single site activation.
- Activate KB add-ons.
3 After installation:
- As the administrator, verify that your Knowledge Base works on both the front-end and back-end.
- Read documentation on how to configure Access Manager.