Echo Knowledge Base
- Order Articles and Categories
- Set Image and Font Icons for Categories
- Main Page FAQs
- Main Page Width
- Search Box Configuration
- Copy/Export KB Settings and Design
- PDF and Knowledge Base
- Translate Text with Polylang and WPML
- Typography - Font Family, Size, Weight
- Help Dialog
- Categories Overview
- Hiding Categories
- More Features
- How to Control Access to Your KB
- How To Set up a Multilingual / Bilingual Site
- How to Install KB Plugin
- How to Add Videos to Articles
- How to Install a KB Add-on
- Advanced Search Analytics
- Search Category Filters
- Show Category for Each Search Result
- Advanced Search Shortcode
- Search Results
- CSV versus XML Format
- Export Articles as CSV
- Export Articles as XML
- Import Articles with CSV File
- Import Articles with XML File
0 out Of 5 Stars
Below is a list of import, export, and migrate tasks and how to achieve them:
Use CSV file to create or update articles and import them into KB. CSV files can easily be created and managed in MS Excel, Google Sheets, Notepad++, and other spread sheet editors. Contact us here if you have questions.
Use a CSV file to allow others to edit or add articles using tools like MS Excel, Google Sheets, Notepad++, and others. This option will help you:
- Avoid creating WordPress accounts for users that only need a simple way to submit and edit articles.
- Make it easy for inexperienced customers or team members to change articles and contribute to your Knowledge Base.
- Collect submissions from other places to put into your Knowledge Base.
Contact us here if you have questions.
If you plan to add a large number of articles, you can start by creating a set of initial articles that have your template structure before you populate the content. To do so, create a CSV file, then create a first row with desired article template. Duplicate the first row to add desired number of articles. Contact us here if you have questions.
Depending on how many articles you need to transfer, copy or move, you can either use a third-party plugin or Articles Import and Export add-on:
- To handle individual articles within the same website, see Move or Copy Individual Articles
- For a larger number of articles or multiple sites, see Articles Import and Export.
Use the Articles Import and Export add-on to export articles from one KB and import them into another KB using CSV or XML format.
To migrate KB, you need to:
a) use the Articles Import and Export add-on to export articles, categories and tags from one KB and import them into another KB using CSV or XML format. This includes images.
b) use Export and Import KB Settings to migrate KB settings.
Import articles/documents from other plugins and blog posts into KB Articles. This operation converts Custom Post Types into KB CPT.
After you export your documentation from a third-party software into a CSV file, use Import Articles CSV option to import them into your Knowledge Base.
Generating a PDF from your Knowledge Base is a feature we plan to release in the future. Contact us for details.
Instructions to backup KB articles are documented in the Backup KB article below.