Echo Knowledge Base
- Order Articles and Categories
- Set Image and Font Icons for Categories
- Main Page FAQs
- Main Page Width
- Search Box Configuration
- Copy/Export KB Settings and Design
- PDF and Knowledge Base
- Translate Text with Polylang and WPML
- Typography - Font Family, Size, Weight
- Help Dialog
- Categories Overview
- Hiding Categories
- More Features
- How to Control Access to Your KB
- How To Set up a Multilingual / Bilingual Site
- How to Install KB Plugin
- How to Add Videos to Articles
- How to Install a KB Add-on
- Advanced Search Analytics
- Search Category Filters
- Show Category for Each Search Result
- Advanced Search Shortcode
- Search Results
- CSV versus XML Format
- Export Articles as CSV
- Export Articles as XML
- Import Articles with CSV File
- Import Articles with XML File
3.1 out Of 5 Stars
Links Editor will allow you to replace links to KB articles with links to PDF files, documents, images, and web pages. When users click on the link they will see the linked document or file for viewing and download, or they will see the linked web page.
With Link Editor, you can replace a link to an article with a link to:
- PDFs in your website file system.
- Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Diagrams and images stored in your WordPress gallery.
- Internal URLs to your web pages.
- External URLs to external pages like Google spreadsheet.
To create a link open the “All Articles” screen and switch to the Links Editor mode:
Configure the link parameters:
- Article title will be used as link text.
- Enter the link URL.
- Decide how the link opens – in the same tab or in a new tab.
- Choose an icon to show beside the link.
- Specify keywords that the KB Search will refer to.
- Choose from hundreds of icons.
- Icon will appear beside link text on the following pages :
- KB Main Page
- KB Search list
- KB Category page if using KB Template
Front End example
See Demo 9 and image below:
At this moment the Links Editor has these constraints:
- Private links are not supported.
- WordPress search will not list linked documents and pages to prevent indexing the same page or document twice.
- KB Search uses keywords configured with the link, but it does not index content.
Was this article helpful?
3.1 out Of 5 Stars
Table of Contents