KB Groups add-on helps you to organize your users into KB Groups, separating their access to KB content based on the access to categories and articles that each group needs.
- Create, rename and delete KB Groups.
- Add WordPress users to KB Groups.
- Assign KB Categories to groups.
- Assign KB Articles to groups.
- Choose a role for each user within a group.
- Map WordPress built-in Roles to KB Groups and KB Roles.
You can read detailed documentation about KB Groups here: documentation.
Basic Team Scenarios
The following are examples of common scenarios for organizing teams and KB Content:
- One Team – Internal KB
- One Team – KB with both public and private content
- Two or More Teams – Same KB – Internal private content
- Two or More Teams – Same KB – public and private content
- Two or More Teams – Separate KBs
You can read detailed documentation about team structure here: documentation.
Within a KB Group, each user has one of the following KB Roles. The KB Manager role is not specific to any KB Group.
- KB Subscriber
- This is the lowest role with the fewest privileges.
- Users can read content his/her group has access to but cannot change any KB content.
- KB Author
- This is similar to the WordPress Author role.
- The user can create and edit their articles but not create or edit categories or edit others’ articles.
- KB Editor
- This role is similar to the WordPress Editor role.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any article that has at least one category that the user group owns.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any category that his or her group owns.
- KB Manager
- The user in this role is considered to be an “administrator” for a given knowledge base.
- For multiple Knowledge Bases, the manager controls all of them.
- Unlike WordPress administrator, the KB Manager cannot access KB licenses.
If you also purchase Custom Roles add-on (optional) you will be able to map WordPress custom roles to KB Groups and roles.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
- New Products ( Add-ons )
- Important updates
- New Features