KB Groups add-on helps you to organize your users into KB Groups, separating their access to KB content based on the access to categories and articles that each group needs.
Types of KB Groups
Access Manager has two types of groups:
- Is a KB Group that represents site visitors and determines what KB content (if any) the public has access to.
- There is always one Public “group” per Knowledge Base.
- The administrator and KB manager selects which categories and articles will become public.
- Every site visitor that (whether logged in or not) has access to all Public articles and categories.
- Are KB Groups created and configured by administrators and KB Managers. Restricted groups contain only WordPress registered users with access to selected or all KB content.
- Each restricted group has its own name, users and access to some or all KB content.
- Each restricted group has one or more KB Subscribers, KB Contributors, KB Authors, and KB Editors.
Manging Users within KB Group
Within a KB Group, each user has one of the following KB Roles. The KB Manager role is not specific to any KB Group.
- KB Subscriber
- This is the lowest role with the fewest privileges.
- Users can read content his/her group has access to but cannot change any KB content.
- KB Author
- This is similar to the WordPress Author role.
- The user can create and edit their articles but not create or edit categories or edit others’ articles.
- KB Editor
- This role is similar to the WordPress Editor role.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any article that has at least one category that the user group owns.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any category that his or her group owns.
- KB Manager
- The user in this role is considered to be an “administrator” for a given knowledge base.
- For multiple Knowledge Bases, the manager controls all of them.
- Unlike WordPress administrator, the KB Manager cannot access KB licenses.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
- New Products ( Add-ons )
- Important updates
- New Features