How to Import XML File
In this article we will show you how to import the following KB content from exported XML file:
- KB Articles
- KB Categories
- KB Tags
Step 2.3 Review Articles to Create
The New Articles table shows which articles were not found in the WordPress posts table (matched by title) and will be created upon import.
On the New Articles table, a few actions are possible:
- If you uncheck any article, it will not be imported.
- Click on the ( i ) Icon to see categories to which this article is assigned. If these Categories don’t exist they will be created.
- If you are ready, click on the Import Articles button to start the process of creating and updating articles in the database.
- If you need to start over click on this button.
Step 3. Import Articles
After the Import Articles button is clicked, the import process will start. It will be executed in batches. The number of articles imported at the given moment will be displayed.
- The import status
- To view all the imported articles, click on this button.
Step 4. Review Imported Articles, Categories, Tags, Authors and Attachments
The last step is to review imported articles in admin > Knowledge Base > All Articles. Also ensure that each article has at least one category assigned.
Finally publish the article so that they will become visible on the front end.
Articles that do not have a category or are in draft status will not be visible on the front end.