KB content can be imported and exported between KBs within a single website and migrated from one website to another (only a single license is required to migrate content between sites).
Reasons to Use This Add-on
Articles Import and Export Add-on
Manual Data Entry
Options 1: Import/Export KB Content Using XML
XML format allows you to export all content information from your Knowledge Base. The XML Import and Export includes:
- Articles and their meta data
- Article comments
- Categories and their meta data
- Attachments (to be downloaded on import)
- Password generation for protected articles
- Author mapping between source and destination sites
Option 2: Import/Export KB Content Using CSV
The CSV format is designed to import and export basic information about articles. The simplicity of the CSV format allows you to easily view and edit the CSV in MS Excel, Google Sheets, and other spread sheet editors. The CSV Import and Export includes:
- Article title, date, and status
- Article content and excerpt
- Categories (without hierarchy)
What Are You Trying to Accomplish?
If you need help with a specific task, check out our Scenarios Overview article. Do not hesitate to contact us here if you have questions or need further help.