Echo Knowledge Base
4 out Of 5 Stars
Access Manager relies on WordPress to manage user accounts and the user login process. Based on which user is logged in, Access Manager determines the level of access that user has to KB content.
KB Roles Overview
Access Manager offers the following KB Roles:
- KB Subscriber
- This is the lowest role with the fewest privileges.
- Users can read content their group has access to but cannot change any KB content.
- KB Author
- This is similar to the WordPress Author role.
- Users can view all Knowledge Base content on the front-end if it is public or private to their KB Group.
- The user can create and edit their articles but not create or edit categories or edit others’ articles.
- KB Editor
- This role is similar to the WordPress Editor role.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any article that has at least one category that the user group owns.
- The user can create, edit, and delete any category that their group owns.
- KB Manager
- The user in this role is considered to be an “administrator” for a given knowledge base.
- For multiple Knowledge Bases, the manager controls all of them.
- Unlike WordPress administrator, the KB Manager cannot access KB licenses.
Table of Contents