4.2 Access Manager Limitations
WordPress does not have a solid foundation for access control
Access Manager limitations:
- Inability to block access if your website has a plugin that directly accesses WordPress database tables instead of using default WordPress functions and hooks.
- Inability to block access to plugins that expose KB content when not using WordPress function at all or in an intended way.
- KB Content is not protected if it is exported from WordPress by plugins or other means. Tags are not protected at this time.
- Download links to PDFs, documents, links to non-KB posts and media are not protected. Access Manager restricts access to linked articles as long as the linked resource is a KB article. It will not restrict access to posts, attachments and external URLs.
- Access Manager is not supported to run in a multi-site structure.
- Plugins such as Beaver Builder, Divi, and Visual Composer
- A new core WordPress project called Gutenberg that aims to replace the current WordPress
Once Gutenberg builder project is released we will verify and update Access Manager accordingly to be compatible with this upcoming core feature.
- Restrict access to Premium website content.
- Restrict access to non-critical internal information.
- Separate content between groups in your organization.
- Prevent employees from modifying non-critical content.
Access Manager should not be used to protect personal, confidential, and sensitive information.
For all details read the full disclaimer here.