Knowledge Base Structure
a) Front end KB content pages:
- KB Main Page is where the user usually comes to search for articles. The page displays KB categories and articles for each category.
- KB Article Pages contain the KB content, optionally with breadcrumbs, back button and last modified date
- WordPress typical pages:
- All Articles to view and manage KB articles
- Categories, Tags to create and edit KB categories and KB tags
- Configuration page is where all settings for KB Main Page, KB Article Page and other features are configured.
- Analytics provides admins with information about number of categories and articles created.
- This screen is also used by KB add-ons to show frequent searches and other KB related data.
- Plugin Info contains link to documentation, support links, and ability to switch on debug.
- Add-ons list our KB add-ons that add more features, layouts and analytics to the core KB plugin.
KB Main Page
- KB Main page lists knowledge base articles. This page is also referred to as a KB home page.
- KB Search widget let your users search article titles and content.
- KB Articles contain the actual KB content.
- KB Categories and Sub-Categories help you to organize your articles into groups and hierarchies.
Your initial pre-configured Knowledge Base has been created upon plugin install.