Elegant Layouts add-on contains two new layouts: Sidebar Layout and Grid Layout.
The new layouts can be combined with core layouts in the following ways:
- Basic Layout + Sidebar Layout
- Tabs Layout + Sidebar Layout
- Grid Layout + Sidebar Layout
- Sidebar Layout
All layout variations are displayed in the Catalogue of KB Layouts
Used for KB Main Page, this layout displays top-level categories in rows and columns. Each category has an optional icon and a link to corresponding articles.
Example of Grid Layouts:
- Users can easily find the right category based on a simple view of the top KB categories.
- Category icons help explain the meaning of each category.
- After selecting a category, the user is then transferred to Article Page displaying Sidebar Layout.
Used either alone for KB Main Page or in combination with Basic or Tabs Layout on Article Page as a left-side navigation sidebar.
Example of Sidebar Layouts:
- Users can switch between categories and articles while on the same page.
- Arrange categories according to importance, with the most important topics at the top and those needed less often below.
- Arrange categories according to complexity with simple or initial topics first and more complex or detailed topics below.
Examples of Elegant Layout on our Customers’ Websites
- Examples of knowledge base with Sidebar Layout:
- Examples of knowledge base with Grid Layout:
- Choose from 16 pre-defined color themes or easily customize your own.
- Choose from 8 pre-defined style combinations or customize your own.
- Choose from over 50 professional icons for Grid Layout categories.
- Enjoy fully responsive front end and admin pages that look great on phones and tablets.
- Hierarchical documentation with up to 3 levels of categories.